What you need to play
PER PERSONLEARN MORE
- One deck per person.
Your deck is made of 50 or more cards of your choosing.
You can have up to four copies of a card
with the same name.
You’ll need about 30 chips or cards per person to use as cores. If you run out of cores during the game, use any handy item as extra cores. Each player also has one soul core, which should be easy to tell apart from the other regular cores.
The first player to achieve one of the following victory conditions wins the game.
reduced to zero
has no cards
left in their deck
on their start step
Getting ready to play
Follow the steps listed below to set up the game.
- Step 1
- Pick a spot off to the side of your playsheet to be the void, where you place your cores.
- Step 2
- Shuffle your deck, then shuffle your opponent’s deck. Place your deck facedown on the deck area of your playsheet.
- Step 3
- Take five cores from the void and place them into the life area of your playsheet.
- Step 4
- Take three cores and your soul core from the void and place them into the reserve area of your playsheet.
- Step 5
- Draw four cards from your deck. These cards will form your starting hand.
- Step 6
- Use a random method such as rock paper scissors to determine player one and player two.
- Step 7
- Starting with player one, each player declares whether they will mulligan (redraw their hand). Players who choose to mulligan then return their current hand to the bottom of their deck and draw four new cards from the top of their deck. Then reshuffle that deck the same way as described in step two. Players who choose not to mulligan draw an additional card, making their starting hand total five cards.